Zelasko Park I
1815-1831 Zelasko Drive Johns Island, SC 29455
Priced at $175,00 MLS 1316956
- Opportunity to create your own neighborhood or a legally subdivided family compound
- 15 minues to Downtown Charleston
- Walk to the Fat Hen, Sweeney’s, Lane Commercial Center, Angel Oak Animal Hospital and numerous small businesses
- Inside a City of Charleston-designated Gathering Place District where more intense mixed-use development will be encouraged
- Preliminary approval from County Planning for a 7 lot subdivision – can go to 10 lots for qualified affordable housing developers like Sea Island Habitat For Humanity or double the density from 7 to 14 lots in a Planned Development (PD)
- All “letters of coordination” in-hand: St Johns Willingness to Serve letter, Charleston Water System (public sewer) Willingness to Serve letter, Corps of Engineers (no wetlands), and DOT approval to proceed.
- Directly across Maybank from St. Johns Square – the largest approved PD on Maybank Highway with up to 550 single family units and up to 225,000 commercial square feet on 35 acres
Over the last 10 years, Johns Island has been discovered by Charleston residents who want a more rural environment to build and live, but be close to the urban centers of the Tri-County Area. Zelasko Park is a wooded 1.77 acre tract conveniently located off Maybank Highway on rural Johns Island that suits this type of home-buyer perfectly. Builders take note: owner has preliminary plat approval for 7 lots. Click here to see the approved 7 lot subdivision.
Location, location, location – destined to become Charleston’s next “Avondale”. This property is located about 235′ from Maybank Highway, 1 mile west of River Road, and inside the City of Charleston’s Central Maybank Gathering Place District – one of only 9 ”town-like areas” planned throughout the entire City of Charleston. St Johns Square, the largest approved PD (Planned Development) on Maybank is directly opposite Zelasko Drive. St Johns Square will have open spaces and is approved for up to 550 single family units and up to 225,000 square feet of office, retail and commercial space.
Zelasko Park is a 1.767 acre tract of high land located on Johns Island just off Maybank Highway about 15 minutes from Downtown Charleston. North Zelasko Drive is currently a legally dedicated dirt road, and the County Planning Department does not require this road be paved with asphalt for the development of these lots. Public water, sewer, electricity & natural gas are all available in Maybank R/W, and a recorded deeded easement stipulating 100% development rights over the entire portion of North Zelasko Road (+/- 700′) fronting these lots directly to Maybank Highway conveys with these tracts. There are no Covenants & Restrictions or HOA. Agent is owner.
Let me know if you want more information about this unique opportunity on Johns Island offering the best of both worlds: urban convenience in a more rural living environment.